Sunday 15 March 2020

Protoform D9 Marc Rheinard signed by TD Takashima

I met Marc Rheinard in 2004 during my attendance at the 2004 IFMAR ISTC Worlds.
At that time, he was the upcoming new talent in the scene of electric touring cars and went on to dominate the entire event and become the 2004 World Champion. Since then I've been admiring his silky smooth driving style and amazing aggressiveness, as he is possibly the best overtaker in this class if not any class he races on.

Fast forward many years and I decide to attend an ETS race in 2015 at the great Hudy Arena where I get the chance to meet another Rheinard, Marc's older brother Toni.
A great guy, very friendly and always willing to help whoever approached him for assistance. During my 2nd ETS attendance at the 2019 Madrid race, under very difficult weather conditions, I met Toni again who was once more very kind, doing anything possible to help his father's organization and every racer approaching him.

So come to 2020 and Toni includes a surprise in one order I received from his shop, an original signed body by Marc, painted by none other than the great TD Takashima. A very fitting present considering Marc's bodies now feature the AWESOMATIX brand, which is what I've also been running since 2011.
This is certainly a body to stay preserved and not hit the track, at least under racing conditions.
Thank you Toni and Marc and hope all goes well for your future.







No comments:

Post a Comment